Best Cloud Hosting Providers
Suppose you need to create a blog within a week and you’ve never had an experience with anything of the kind before. Where to start from? You probably already have an idea on what your new blog is going to be about. That’s great! It is high time to move on to taking some real steps of setting it up online.
The whole process goes down to a single most important thing – a quality web host that will a) locate your blog on the server; b) equip you with themes and SEO tools, and c) monitor & keep up steady performance of the site.
Building a blog or just any site with the help of WordPress must be the simplest and the most hassle-free path for a beginner, and not only. In fact, a great portion of websites on the Internet (as stated by www.wordpress.org, approx. 33%) are founded on WordPress. WP suits all kind of sites starting with e-commerce and ending with music and photography blogs.
WordPress hosting is specifically adapted for WordPress websites. As a rule, you will find shared type most frequently presented as WordPress web hosting by a great part of providers.
In this article, we will be talking about WordPress website hosting and compare 10 wordpress hosting services to find the best one.
The 5 Best Cloud Hosting 2020
Eweb.net is a free online resource that offers valuable content and comparison services to users. To keep this resource 100% free for users, we receive advertising compensation from the hosts listed on this page. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where hosts appear on the page (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Eweb.com does not include listings for all web hosts.
The importance of creating such ratings is that things do not stay constant in the web world. Some top brands have faded into the history, while newer, better ones emerged. Which is exactly why we never stick to historical info but keep updating our lists of first-class service providers each month.
The top 5 cloud hosting providers you can see here will help you not to overspend and still get the best cloud hosting for your website.
If you need the full list of top 10 cloud hosting providers you can find them all on our main page. Each website in this rating has been selected based on the results of testing. Even though the ratings are pretty exhaustive, it is better to use your own judgement still.
Taking two or more cloud hosting providers for comparison, don’t miss out on reading our cloud web hosting reviews dedicated to each particular provider from the list. We take testing and rating process seriously to make sure our advice will serve you well. Below, we shall describe the way the procedure of rating and creating the cloud server reviews is performed.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Since you are already after a decent cloud hosting company to give services to your site, we assume you know the answer to this question. Let us make a quick recap nonetheless, focusing on advantages and disadvantages of the hosting type discussed here.
What is cloud based hosting?
As mentioned earlier, cloud based hosting is the most recent type of hosting that solves three main problems of web hosting:
- Downtimes due to server overload.
- Insufficient relocation of resources throughout the server.
- Inability to receive additional bandwidth/disk space when the site gets more traffic.
All this is made possible due to the fact that your site is located on the cluster made of a number of physical servers and not on a single server. So, what are cloud servers exactly? These are virtual environments with storage rooms, computational resources, RAM.
For easier understanding, let’s provide an analogy. Purchasing a shared hosting plan is like renting a room with other people. You do have your own space but most of the room is shared. VPS hosting is a little better, yet not perfect either. You have your own room but neighbours next door are still bothering you with loud music after 10 pm. Finally, owning an apartment in a multistoried building is a complete freedom to have all available space for yourself, which parallels with locating one’s site on cloud web servers.
Now, let’s review what types/methods of website hosting on cloud exist.
Types Of Cloud Hosting
Let’s make a brief cloud hosting comparison by different models of cloud hosting service, namely, the following three: 1) public, 2) private, 3) hybrid. Each one can be applied by different types of organizations to serve their purposes best.
- Private cloud hosting providers will equip you with your personal cloud environment. These are supreme cloud servers for business since they allow to run daily operations in the smooth and unrestricted way and, more importantly, with nothing intruding into their operations. There are plenty of private cloud hosting companies who can furnish you with private cloud environment for your site. The benefits are:
- absolute management and control of data (by user);
- possibility to customize hardware;
- security and protection.
This type is the most suitable for large businesses that require full control over the premises as well as an absolute protection of private business information.
- Public environments are designed for resources that are available to great number of people. These can be websites of public or governmental organizations, small or medium businesses. Apart from that, the positives are:
- Cost-effective due to burden-sharing model of financing;
- Highly scalable;
- Best cloud hosting for small business;
- Servers are being managed from remote locations.
This kind of cloud plan allows to save some money by dividing expenses among clients, however, the subscribers won’t have direct access to the premises, like with private type, since they are the ownership of cloud server hosting providers.
- Hybrid cloud hosts combine the finest features of the two previous types. On the one hand, your site functions within a separate virtual environment, yet on a large public scale. It is considered to be the best cloud web hosting due to the following reasons:
- High level of security (sufficient for handling great deals of data;)
- Cost-beneficial option that copes with high-demand tasks;
- The truly scalable cloud hosting.
On the whole, hybrid cloud web hosting solutions allow to enjoy the level of security of a private kind while keeping communication with clients same as in the public cloud.
As long as we’ve sorted it all out, methods of choosing the best cloud server hosting specifically for your needs is what we’ll try to figure out next.
Cloud Hosting: How to choose the best one?
Not all cloud web hosting providers are that great as they tell you they are. Which is why, appealing to your own judgement is crucial here if you don’t want to bother moving your site to another hosting again in a week or two. For starters, cheap cloud hosting is undeniably not the fastest cloud hosting. Buying the cheapest plan of all available won’t lead you to astonishing results. Top cloud hosting providers charge fair price for their work, giving you cost-justifiable services instead.
As a rule, cloud web hosting companies give you at least two packages to choose from. Let’s proceed with a cloud hosting review of HostGator. We have there 3 plans introduced: HatchlingCloud, BabyCloud, and BusinessCloud.
The cheapest plan does not give as much of a cost advantage but more of a disadvantage in terms of resources you receive. Buying a plan with limitless number of domains is much more efficient than a plan limited to a single domain. Also, the size of memory and number of CPU cores increase progressively from less to more expensive plans. And, finally, subscribing to the most “all-inclusive” package gives you the vast array of basic resources (domains, disk memory, etc.) and the additional utilities such as built-in SEO tools and dedicated IP.
Comparison With Other Hosting Alternatives
By all means, cloud hosting steps us as a ‘get-it-all’ alternative. Usually, the website owners cannot decide cloud or shared hosting, since they are more or less in the same pricing category. However, it would be unwise to take only cloud web hosting price for comparison. We’ve gathered some info on cheap VPS and shared plans as compared to cheap cloud web hosting. Here are our conclusions:
- In the case of shared and VPS hosting plans, you get the disk space, yet the amount of RAM is not defined. In case the neighboring sites get surges of traffic your site may go down for some time, too.
- Shared hosting users have their private data isolated from other users, but only in terms of rights. This kind of protection does not speak of the highest level of security, considering the number of weak spots it allows to identify.
- DDos attacks are not rare, as webmasters may know. Shared hosting does not guarantee an adequate level of protection to each “dweller” of a shared server. Once one website gets attacked, it can easily drag the neighbours down.
It seems to us, cloud server is a more worthy alternative than shared, which is why we won’t devote any more space comparing the two. As to the rest type, let us see.
VPS vs Cloud
Very often layman users can see no difference between these two options. Even providers sometimes present them as one, or under the same product category, yet it does not take much effort to identify the distinctive dissimilarities.
If you want to buy a cheap VPS hosting plan, you will unlikely find one – VPS packages are by far more expensive that shared or cloud. Another complication that may arise is the need to be a bit more tech savvy than with managed plans. If you are not sure you can or want to do it, there are managed hosting options.
In regards to the discrepancies between them, there are some, however, it is mainly the matter of price. Basically, both are based on virtual environments allocated to sites. However, with virtual servers all the action is going on a single physical machine, while cloud utilizes resources from a potentially unlimited number of virtual machines. These virtual machines, in turn, work due to the whole network of physical servers that power them.
- Unlike VPS server, cloud environment is very scalable.
- VPS is less vulnerable to attacks because they are not entirely web-based.
- Cloud is more secure since sites are based on fully separated server environments.
Overall, the key distinction lies in flexibility. If you are more or less certain about the resources needed for perfect work of your website, the VPS is going to be great. However, if you have suspicions that you may need more once the traffic increases, there is no better option in terms of scalability than cloud hosting.
Dedicated vs Cloud
These types of hosting types are different as black and white. For years, dedicated hosting has been viewed as the best type for websites with loads of traffic – and still is. It is, however, not quite so anymore with the emergence of highly scalable clouds.
- Dedicated hosting is not equipped with automatic (or manual) scale up if the site suddenly receives spikes of traffic. The resources are fixed and cannot be added on demand.
- Unlike cloud plans, dedicated ones are not the “pay as you go” kinds. It means you need to pay for the full package and not progressively with the increase in demand.
- Both types significantly outperform shared hosting.
When hesitating between cloud and dedicated, the crucial thing to consider is the website’s potential to grow and get unexpected rise in visitors from time to time.
Cheap Cloud Hosting
The best cloud hosting companies are the ones that can afford to provide services at discounted pricing. Buying an inexpensive plan your site still gets located on the best clouds but without an array of additional options such as unlimited number of add-on domains or SEO tools.
Here are the two cheap cloud hosting providers that, in our opinion, meet all the requirements and deliver an adequate quality of hosting for your website.
Faster and scalable hosting by HostMonster becomes available at a price of just $19.99 per month for the starter plan. Surprisingly, it has got more than sufficient amount of resources to offer including 2 GB of operating memory, 30 GB of disk space, free domain name, etc. What the cheapest plan from HostMonster might be lacking is speed (in case of overperforming sites.) Upper-level plans possess x2 and x4 greater speed, which, of course, influences the work of your website.
One of the best cloud hosting providers to buy a services from. Taking current discounts into consideration, the cheapest price for a cloud-based VPS hosting would be less than $19 per month. iPaget promises all the same amounts of resources as HostMonster, at almost the same price, which is why they tend to be the cheapest of top cloud hosting services as for the moment of writing.
In addition, we consider the basic plans from these providers to be the best cloud hosting for startups. Whenever and wherever your site gains popularity, it will by no means impact its performance in a negative way.
If you are a beginner and want your site on the Internet the cheapest and the fastest way, make sure you buy a managed cloud server. This way, you shouldn’t worry about having no experience creating and managing websites. In the next article, we’ll discuss more about how to choose the best cloud hosting for WordPress and reason out why WordPress is the best CMS for beginning developers.
About Our Review Process
In order to spot the weak and strong sides of cloud hosting companies, we personally sign up with one or several of each of their plans. This way, we test whether or not the advertised features are truly present and the overall effectiveness of the website under each hosting plan. In general, the step-by-step procedure is the following:
- Selecting some of the most advertised cloud server providers (no less than 10).
- Subscribing to their cloud website hosting plans.
- Making sure all the tools, add-ons as well as basic features are included.
- Monitoring the performance of our websites.
- Compiling the data in our cloud hosting reviews.
We aspire to give our readers the most current information about cloud hosting service providers. For this reason, eWeb experts continually monitor and update the information to see to your needs best. Now, let’s move on to reveal what clouds are all about.